July 20, 2012

Jewelry Repair and Maintenance Tips


If you want your jewelry collection lasts long; there are things that you should consider. You can follow some tips below:

/image:soyho.com/


Don’t ever wear jewelry while you’re swimming. Strong chemicals at the swimming pool –such as chlorine- can damage jewelry; it can make your jewelry items less glossy and durable. Salt water can also harm your jewelry. Therefore, it’s suggested to take away all jewelry before joining any water activities to keep and expand the time of your jewelry.

Your jewelry items need proper care. Smoothly clean every jewelry item with a damp cloth. Then pat the piece with a soft fabric to dry the piece sufficiently. Do not ever wash your jewelry with any chemicals that possibly will harm the stones or damage the settings.

If you want to clean your own jewels, don’t forget to always close sink drains before you start. It is very simple to drop your grab on a foamy jewelry item. Closing the drain will avoid your jewelry from out of the drain pipes.

Never use strong chemicals -like ammonia, bleach, turpentine or acetone- to clean jewelry. Strong chemicals may damage your jewelry, may cause dulling of gemstones, and may corrode enamel work.

Don’t expose your jewelry into open air or humidity. It’s better to keep jewelry in a closed jewelry box or a small draw string bag. Humidity and air can cause precious and non-precious metals to blemish. Valuable metal jewelry can be polished to repair tarnish, but non-precious metals coated with a finish will never recover to their earlier condition.

Rewrite source:couponaire.com

Search Term :

11 comments:

Gemcheats said...

Artikel yang menarik..


Please visit my blog and chek your link.. Add my link to .. http://www.gemcheats.blogspot.com
Thanks

satubuana said...

website nya berbahasa inggris semua, sekalian blajar disini..

Fashion Rings Online said...

WOw... love these pics.. especially their jewellery!
Thank you for sharing these pics.... i've pinned few of them to my boards

Miguel Delgado MD said...

I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which really not that are good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he enjoyed it as well!

Unknown said...

its really nice info, better keep those shiny jewelry beautiful or it would end up at the scrap yards

Employee Management Services said...

I observed that my jewelries look as new as i bought them a few year ago because i kept them in a closed jewelry box and used them occasionally.

Michelle Nguyen said...

I observed that my jewelries look as new as i bought them a few year ago because i kept them in a closed jewelry box and used them occasionally.

Unknown said...

I agree that if you know how to take care of your jewellery it will last long and your site helps me a lot.
Greg Mclardie

Unknown said...

I bought my wife a diamond bracelet for our first anniversary and the clasp just broke off. My wife was very upset at the thought of not being able to repair it. I've been searching for jewelry repair near Rochester so I can get it fixed and back to her before her birthday next week. Lets hope it works out!

acts jewelry said...


I’m impressed, I have to say. Really hardly ever do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me inform you. you might have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the
problem is something that not sufficient people are speaking intelligently about. I am very joyful that I stumbled across this in my seek for something referring to this.
fishers of men bracelets
acts jewelry store

Jackie Oliver said...

I didn't know that rings should be kept out of humidity. My husband and I travel quite a bit, often to humid areas. From here on out, I'll be sure to keep it in the hotel room, so that it isn't exposed. Maybe I'll go get it coated, so that I don't have to worry about it anymore.


http://www.rhondasjewelry.com